How to set up a proxy chain on Windows
Setting up a proxy chain on Windows 10
To create proxy chains on Windows, we will use a unique program for excellent tuning proxy servers - a proxy. Officially, it can only be used for free during the trial period, but you can find reusable virtual keys on the Internet that will help you bypass this limitation. If desired, instead of the Proxifier program, you can use any other convenient proxy.
Below you will find systematic instructions on how to set up a proxy chain on Windows 10 and other versions of this operating system.
Setting up a proxy chain on Windows 10
To create a virtual chain from proxy servers, follow these simple steps:
- Find on the Internet or, which will be more reliable, purchase the required number of proxy servers from a trusted supplier. Save their data (IP, port, login, and password for authorization).
- Download the program from the official Proxifier website and run it on your computer.
- Click on the "Profile" tab located on the control panel in the upper left corner.
- Select "Proxy Servers ..." from the sub-items offered.
- Click “Add” to add the proxy servers purchased or found on the Internet to the database.
- Enter the Address, Port, Protocol of the proxy server in the fields provided.
- If access to your proxy is opened by login and password, then add them to the “Username”, “Password” lines by placing a checkbox next to the “Enable” item.
- To understand whether the added proxy is working or not, click the "Check" button. In case of an error written in red text, correct the entered data incorrectly or replace the proxy server.
- If the check was successful, confirm the addition of the proxy by clicking on the "OK" button.
- As described above, you need to add all available proxy servers.
- To start forming chains from proxy servers, click the "Proxy Chains ..." button.
- To create the first proxy chain, click “Create”.
- Give a name to the new proxy chain.
- Further, in turn, drag the required proxy servers from the general list to the base of the newly created chain.
- In the formed sheet, arrange the proxies in the order you need.
- Click “OK” to complete the creation of the proxy chain.
- After that, you will only have to configure how and under what conditions the proxy servers added to the database will work. Go to the "Proxification Rules ..." tab located in the "Profile" menu.
- Click "Add" to create a new rule.
- Call it by any name.
- If you want to use a proxy chain for one or more applications, then in the Applications section, click on the “Browse…” button and select the files to activate these programs.
The same can be done with websites. If you want the proxy chain to work only for specific web resources, then enter their address in the free field under the "Target hosts" inscription, putting an asterisk ("*") in front of them.
You can also set the proxy chain to work only for specific ports. To do this, enter them in the free field in the "Target ports" section.
To use the added proxy servers for all network connections on your computer, leave the Applications and Target hosts sections untouched.
- Open the drop-down list next to the "Action" parameter. Select the chain of proxies you created there.
- Click OK to save the new settings.
- Check the box next to the created rule, and remove the others if you do not need them.
- Click OK to complete the settings.
Proxy chain settings on Windows 7, 8, XP
The principle of how to set up a proxy chain on Windows 7 or another version of this operating system will not differ from the instructions above. The most comfortable and most convenient way to build chains from proxies is a proxy. This software works universally on all operating systems. You can use Proxifier or any other similar application for configuration.
Regardless of whether it is a chain of proxies or separate proxy servers, we recommend using paid private servers to browse the Internet anonymously. They are more reliable, faster, and safer to use than publicly available free proxies.